What drove me crazy today
1. My cat required being let in, and out, no less than three times this morning. Before I went to work.
2. My son appears to be incapable of doing anything the first time I ask. Anything at all. Ever.
3. While trying to get my kid dressed, myself dressed, my lunch packed, my cat in and out, my husband slept peacefully in bed. For an extra hour.
4. It started raining today 30 seconds after I decided not to take my umbrella out with me.
5. Blockbuster raised it's prices on kid's movies from $1 to $5. Which means with tax I paid $6 for the privelage of watching "Alvin and the Chipmunks"
6. The only Pizza Hut that will deliver to us always says "It'll be about an hour and a half to two hours"
7. And then the pizza shows up cold and burnt.
8. C, who as you'll recall got the extra hour of sleep this morning, is trying to pick a fight. Most recently taking on the ACLU.
9. I realized that the artwork on the walls of the daycare hasn't been changed or added to in over six months, and we still can't find another center.
And for balance
Things that went well
1. Not one but two clients who told me to fuck off last week sought me out today
2. The psychiatrist I work with, who I thought maybe thought I was an idiot, maybe doesn't.
3. I took an actual lunch with a friend today.
4. I like my job more every day, and I'm starting to feel like I know what's going on.
5. My kid's learning to read, which is about as awesome as it gets
6. I remembered that we had cookie dough in the freezer.
7. And had plenty of room for dessert.